For someone recovering from addiction, the process can be intimidating when journeyed on alone. The presence of support system is integral in the overall recovery and complete healing. Once you leave the rehabilitation center, the stigma of your experience can affect the way people respond to you. Without adequate support from companions and the environment, the risk to go back to the same addiction and bondage is high.
This is where sober companions can be of vital contribution to the recovering person. At Loving Hearts Private Care, Inc., we have sober companions who can journey with you or your loved one in the transition process from recovery to integration to their daily life. We also recognize that while the sober companion is not for every person, they can provide a strong support system when the struggle of recovery intensifies. We will be there to help you arrive at meaningful and crucial decisions in order to fully recover.
Our sober companions can assist you with the following:
- Quality companionship to prevent loneliness and isolation that can lead to depression
- Engages in helpful conversations, counseling, and inspiration
- Accompanies person in performing alternative activities to overcome the addiction urges
- Stays present as a friend and companion
- Recommends and accompanies visits to health care providers
- Advices for group therapy
- Accompanies group therapy, as needed
- Helps search for possible place of relocation
- Accompanies you in outdoor errands to prevent instances of relapse
If you would like to know more about our sober companions, we will be glad to answer questions for you. Contact us!