Alzheimer’s is a disease that can progress and aggravate memory loss. It can cause brain cells to degenerate away and die. Symptoms usually develop slowly and get worse over time and unfortunately, has no cure. It’s known to disrupt a person’s ability to function independently. People with Alzheimer’s disease may need round the clock care, and may be incontinent, aggressive, or wander a lot.
A person with Alzheimer’s might become agitated when simple tasks become difficult. This can also affect the patient’s loved ones. Our caregivers at Loving Hearts Private Care, Inc. are trained specifically in the care of Alzheimer’s. Alzheimer’s caregiving requires patience and flexibility. Alzheimer care allows your loved one to maintain the independence of their daily routines in the comfort of familiar surroundings. Research has shown that familiar surroundings play an important role in the well-being of those with Alzheimer’s. Our services ensure that those with Alzheimer’s are able to remain in the space where they are happiest and most comfortable.
Some of our services include:
- Assisting with Activities of Daily Living
- Arranging Rest Periods Between Daily Activities
- Brushing Teeth
- Changing Linens
- Clothes Shopping
- Communicating with Family Members
- Dusting & Vacuuming
- Errands & Appointments
- Escorting to Lunch/Dinner
- Escorting to Movies/Plays
- Escorting to Religious Services
- Hospital & Rehab Discharge Appointments
- Incontinence Care
- Inspecting the client’s skin for evidence of trauma and bruises or skin breakdown.
- Maintaining Calendars & Appointments
- Making Beds
- Making Sure Patient Eats Nutritionals Meals
- Making sure to be gentle and respectful to our patients
- Meal Preparation/Clean Up
- Medication Reminders
- Monitoring the client’s fluids and food intake to detect imbalances
- Ordering Health Supplies
- Organizing Mail
- Personal Hygiene
- Picking Up Prescriptions
- Playing Mind Games
- Preparing Grocery Lists/Shopping
- Range of Motion Exercises
If you or someone special to you is in need of care for Alzheimer’s disease, you can take advantage of quality services from Loving Hearts Private Care, Inc. Call 866-CARE-331 to talk to us.